I'm not an expert cook or baker, though I can hold my own. But I love presentation. For a birthday party recently I threw a trifle together that, I must say, came out looking pretty spiffy due to my trifle bowl. When I moved into my studio apartment earlier this year, I culled my kitchen down to my idea of the bare essentials, which included keeping this bowl! I was able to fill it with yummy layers, seal it up with the lid, throw the removable stand in my purse, and voilà! Have trifle, will travel!
Let's call this THE Trifle ;)
- One freezer section pound cake, thawed
- One qt fresh strawberries
- One pt fresh blueberries
- Three 8oz containers of strawberry fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt
- One 8oz tub cool whip
- One small box Jello pudding mix, cheesecake flavor
Cut pound cake into 1 inch cubes and slice strawberries
Whisk yogurt and pudding mix, fold in 1 cup of cool whip
In trifle or other deep bowl, layer 1/3 of the cake cubes, 1/3 of strawberries and blueberries and 1/3 of yogurt mix. repeat 3x.
Garnish top with remaining cool whip and a few strawberry slices.
Chill until ready to serve.
BONUS! The filling was tweaked again to become a yummy fruit dip!
- One 16oz container of vanilla greek yogurt
- One small box of Jello chocolate pudding mix
- Half an 8oz container of chocolate Cool Whip
Mix (not whisk) yogurt and pudding mix thoroughly, and then fold in Cool Whip.