Monday, August 22, 2011

And it was good!

DC Fest was AMAZING!  The meet & greet before hand was very quick with no pictures, but I had a chance to say hello to, and get autographs from, 18 amazing christian men. I didn't say anything life changing to SCC, but it was still great. Every one of them were so kind and gracious as I made meaningless smalltalk while moving along the line of artists.

And then it was on to the concert! My seat was dead center, 2nd row. It's an amazing way to see a concert. From 3pm until 10:30pm we worked our way through seven amazing sets of music. Though I didn't know all the songs, there wasn't any part I wanted to skip. I had fun. I worshiped. I pondered. I laughed. I got tired and wished I wore better shoes for standing on concrete all day. But I loved every minute of it. Right down to the last moment when I got SCCs guitar pick that he tossed into the crowd.

I hope none of the wonderful preachers and teachers I know and love take this the wrong way, but that day of music fed me as much as a month of Sunday sermons. Lyrics pierced my soul. They illuminated dark places. They brought joy and healing. I'll be sorting through all the mini-sermons my soul and spirit heard for the next few weeks.

One thought I wanted to share with you. (press play above if you can)
Oh God let this be
a generation that seeks
Who seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob
I don't know about you, but I haven't prayed any prayers about "my generation" in almost ten years. It's a phrase that somehow only applies to youth, teens, the ones up and coming. I'm 30 now. My generation is just...a normal part of the world. But I felt God stirring my heart. We are not forgotten or left behind. We have not missed God's call on our generation.
IS 62:12 And they shall call them The Holy People,
The Redeemed of the Lord;
And you shall be called Sought Out,
A City Not Forsaken.
HighCalling, revisit the zeal of our youth. Revisit the prayers you prayed. It's not over yet.

Thanks for coming on this blog journey with me!

1 comment:

  1. That song gets me EVERY time. And you're right, I haven't prayed for my peers in general, in years. I guess that's something that we 'forget' to do as adults... or we get to the point of feeling that our peers have set their path and we can't help them. *shrugs*

    Thank you for the reminder, I appreciate a good poke!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are currently allowed, but please show the courtesy to sign your name.