Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Creativity

Being creative isn’t always easy. There are certainly the fireworks moments where you are overwhelmed by an idea and hold on to the handle of a bottle rocket that shoots you into whatever it is your “thing” is. But most times, being creative is a willingness to sit down, push through your doubt and fears, and apply sweat and hard work to creating something.  -- Jon Acuff (http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2011/01/4284/)

I have LONG said I am not a creative person. I'm about concrete instructions, not flying by the seat of my pants. Yet, people have argued with me over this and told me that I AM creative. Maybe, just maybe, I have been all wrong about what this word really means.

Without realizing what I was going, I've been cultivating my creative side recently. Starting this blog is one way that's happening. I'm playing around with ways to not just blog, but BE a blogger. Wait and see, my creativity might surprise us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are currently allowed, but please show the courtesy to sign your name.