Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Brainwashed

It's happening. On the fifth attempt in a row, I think Winter is starting to brainwash me. I'm no longer horrified when I can see my breath. I smile and think it feels nice out when the temperature breaks 40. I wear pumps to work instead of boots because my hatred being cold is slipping below my hatred of socks. (It's a FL girl thing.) A couple weekends ago, I took a walk, for FUN, in January.



I was looking forward to this happening. Looking forward to getting through winter without wanting to cry every time I go outside. And yet, this feels so unnatural! I think my body is actually reacting to cold differently, or maybe building up a resistance so I can be colder for a longer period of time before I become miserable. I should be happy, but I feel like a mutant. I might need therapy! On a beach, with a palm tree near by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are currently allowed, but please show the courtesy to sign your name.