Friday, January 18, 2013

Leanest, meanest, maddest, baddest body

It's that time of year. Not only am I getting my groceries and my home in order, I'm getting my body in order! This of course means the normal attempts at running, weightlifting and generally healthy eating.  But I'm doing two things differently this time that I've always said I'd do ONE DAY.

My last bottle......
First, I'm giving up the Diet Coke.  :::moment of silence:::  I've been drinking Diet Coke for years. Maybe ten? At once point a couple years ago I got up to 5 cans a day. What a drain on my budget! I've been better the last year or so about only drinking one, maybe two a day, and sometimes even skipping a day. But it's junk. Pure junk. Tasty, calorie free junk. But JUNK! I'm not trying to give up caffeine, but I am giving up the chemicals and the artificial sweetener.  I've been reading about how Diet Coke can mess up your metabolism, and while none of it is totally proven, I think it's worth steering away from.

I had run out of my stash of 12-packs this week and been buying individual bottles from the machine at work and finally decided, this is the time. I drank my last one yesterday. Today I had a nice cup of tea (with actual sugar) in the morning and then some spa water with my lunch and through the afternoon. Now, that spa water might not have the magical metabolism boosting properties it claims to have, but it's tasty and I know it's not bad for me.  Sounds like a win/win to me!  Next week I'm making the mango ginger water

Second, I'm going to break the Lean Cuisine habit. Pretty much the same story. Been eating them for ten years, but lots of sodium and junk. I missed out on the MAJOR stock up I planned to do the first couple weeks of January when they were on sale for $2. I bought some, but not the freezer full I planned.  So again, I've decided, this is the time. I need to make my own lunches. I can have that boxed meal for $2 or I can have an entire pound of lean chicken breast for the same price. Split that up over the week with some sides and salad and VOILA!  Healthier and cheaper.  The hardest part is going to be getting in the routine of pre-making lunches.  I'm hoping (I know) I can find some freezer recipes that I can divide up and still have the convince of the Lean Cuisine.  I know I do better eating a hot lunch, so this is going to be my goal.

Now, what about YOU?  What are you doing to CLEAN your body?  How are you working towards your leanest, meanest, maddest, baddest body?  How do you feed yourself at the office all day without getting bored and hitting the vending machines and convince store?  I'd love to hear it all!  Comment and let's get some dialog going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are currently allowed, but please show the courtesy to sign your name.