Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy just to be

Over Christmas I was down in Florida visiting my family and while I was there I managed to make it over to the beach twice, once with my mom and once alone.


There is nothing like sitting on a warm beach.
The wind.
The sun.
The waves.
The salt in the air.
The seagulls. (Really, I like them.)



I spent a little more time there then I should have one day, just soaking all that up. My back soaked up a little TOO much sun...I should have known better. But it was very much worth it. There is something therapeutic about listening to the ocean. It manages to clear your mind and heart unlike anything else.

If you live within a decent driving distance from the ocean, make a little trip. Cold or not, just go and sit an hour. Dig your toes in the sand and let the majesty of creation surround you. 



1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I was in SoCal over break, and it was so beautiful just to drive up the coast (although much too cold to go into the Pacific.) I love Florida beaches though...so warm.

    P.S. I like the seagulls too. Some people just don't understand.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are currently allowed, but please show the courtesy to sign your name.