Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

This past weekend was one of the best Thanksgivings I've ever had. So full of friends and family and all things new and exciting. It genuinely felt like a full week, not just four and a half little days. Maybe that's because I squeezed in three turkey dinners, a dozen new friends, a handful of deepening friends, some new family, midnight shopping, a christmas play, a best friend, a lunch date, some movies, church, more lunch and some leftovers. All while getting to know the new boyfriend. (what, you didn't know that? Hmmm. Did you miss this tweet?)

It might not really be the style to post your thankful blog AFTER the holiday, but that doesn't change how very thankful I am for everything in my life right now. For all the people I listed above. For how welcome they all made me feel. For the pure gift they are to me.

As you get back into your routine after this weekend, don't forget to reflect back on all the thankful thanksgiving thoughts the holiday stirred up. Christmas can be hectic. Don't let the coming season of pandemonium joy drown out your acknowledgement and gratitude for the many blessings in your life.

So start here! What came to the forefront of your heart and mind this weekend as you focused on thankfulness?
(Fill the comment section! I love to know who's reading. No accounts needed, just use "anonymous" and sign your name at the end of your comment.)

5 comments:

  1. No one likes to be first, so here I go.

    I'm also thankful for my mom and aunt perfecting the best sweet potato casserole recipe so I have something to contribute when enjoying Thanksgiving dinner at the homes of others. It's a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm especially thankful for all my friends.

    Manda (aah1981)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth!! New here!! I am so very thanksful that my deceased husband's family still considers us family!! That might sound strange but things really have changed in my life since Steve went home 8 years ago. My youngest daughter cmae in from Lubbock and drove to San Antonio with my granddaughter and me--we went the back way--loved seeing God's beautiful artwork in the color of the fall trees!!Excited for you and your new "friend!!" Barb
    '

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for all God has brought me through this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so we dont actually do Thanksgiving down here but I am thankful for having had the opportunity to have met so many incredible people who i know can call my friends. The generousity, thoughtfulness and warmth these new friends share with me astounds me daily and I think that is one of the most humbling experiences of my year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are currently allowed, but please show the courtesy to sign your name.