Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Love Concerts

This should not be a surprise to anyone at this point, but I LOVE concerts.  I love music.

My brothers got all the actual talent in the family, but I have this part of my brain that thinks I'm somehow musical.  I blame it on my oldest brother actually. He has music in his blood and took his first lesson at 4 yrs old.  When he was 8 he joined the church band and I would sometimes carry his guitar since it was as big as he was.  And when he was in the youth group band I was his taxi service.  Their Christmas parties were "the band and Elizabeth."  My BFF was in the band as well and I always thought of myself as one of them.

Instead of spending my money on lessons and guitar strings, I spend it on concert tickets.  This year I've seen TobyMac, Relient K, NKOTB, John Mayer, Rhianna, Steven Curtis Chapman, Newsboys and a festival that included MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Building 429 and Amy Grant.  I've got tickets on my fridge to see Jeremy Camp and SCC again too.  There is just nothing better than hearing your favorite songs played live.  And preferably, from the first 10 rows.

Last night was Newsboys from the FRONT ROW.  So much fun!  They did songs I remembered from high school and songs from their current album as well as a new DC Talk songs (since their new lead signer is Tait from DC Talk).  I think Tait appreciated that I knew most of the words to the new songs and sang to me a few times.  Random fact: he grew up on Capital Hill.

Next month I have a ticket to see Jeremy Camp from the 2nd row and in Nov I'll see SCC from the 3rd row.  It's just so much fun to not be in the back like I was for all concerts in high school.

So if you need a concert buddy, just give me a call!

1 comment:

  1. I love concerts, too. I'm not nearly as devoted to them as you are, but I'm glad you are so I can live vicariously through you! I could tell you some funny (crazy) stories from when I stalked the Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline and DC Talk in college. It's always been my dream to meet SCC. Maybe it would help if I went to a concert every now and then!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are currently allowed, but please show the courtesy to sign your name.